Established in the 19th century, Pathé is one of Europe’s pre-eminent entertainment companies. With a reputation built on independence, innovation and quality, Pathé is the world’s longest-established film company, and now encompasses a diverse range of media and entertainment interests. Pathé is Europe’s leading cinema exhibitor, with over 1.000 screens in France, The Netherlands and Switzerland.
Determined to innovate the cinema experience, Pathé began to reinvent the cinema experience from 2015. Moving away from traditional visual merchandising such as static POS material, posters and big carton displays, Pathé Arnhem was the first full ‘digital’ cinema in the Netherlands utilising a complete digital signage solution from the moment it was built. With its success, the official Pathé De Kuip brand store was then chosen for a complete digital transformation including all marketing, wayfinding and infotainment managed through one content management system.
Our services include concept and branding strategy, content and template production, broadcasting, hardware concept and design, rollout and installation, monitoring and support. Local dealers have access to our CMS – the content tool to create, schedule and integrate local content into a centrally managed global playlist. Partnering with ZetaDisplay, Pathé De Kuip underwent a complete overhaul in a comprehensive technological transformation. This was done with zero interruptions to the day to day operation of the cinema. Creating an unforgettable wow experience for guests of the cinema, a huge high-brightness 12-screen video wall was first installed in the front entrance to welcome visitors.
Inside the lobby, a vertical 15-screen video wall achieves maximum impact with high-end content from the biggest film studios in the world. Staying true to the digital-only experience, the traditional screening times display behind the counter was then replaced by a 2 x 4-screen video wall, displaying the available movies in all 14 theatre rooms. Our services include concept and branding strategy, content and template production, broadcasting, hardware concept and design, rollout and installation, monitoring and support. Local dealers have access to our CMS – the content tool to create, schedule and integrate local content into a centrally managed global playlist.
- Wayfinding-routing: Guests are guided to the right theatre rooms via engaging entertainment screens throughout the cinema.
- Central control: Our set up is powered by a custom display controller, which turns the screens on in the morning and off at night. All content is prescheduled and connected in real-time with the Pathé back-office for accurate content related to the timetables.
- Infotainment: Highly engaging screen content displaying each film synopsis, trailers, and coming soon information captivates guests and is powered through a live feed, which reduces manual input and improves the overall digitalisation of the cinema.
- Multi-purpose videowalls: Impressive large-scale video walls are used throughout the cinema to attract visitors, whilst also showcasing new releases to entice and excite guests.
- Marketing: Upselling and cross-selling opportunities are utilised with on-screen promotions. This is used for special event nights, food and beverages sales, gift cards and branding exercises.
- Animated movie posters: Posters are brought to life with full HD and 4K trailers – creating a truly immersive entertainment experience that captivates viewers through sight and sound.