– Do you have a track record of building high-performing passionate cross-border development teams?
ZetaDisplay is an innovative international company within the digital signage industry. We are growing and are now looking to find a director of software engineering. ZetaDisplay has a product portfolio that is in the transformation to consolidate several acquired software’s to build the product of tomorrow supporting our customers’ digital transformation. ZetaDisplay wants to be perceived as the thought leader of digital signage and this role will be a key player with a major impact of shaping the future of the team, our company and the digital signage industry.
You will lead, organize and develop our software development department which is part of the Group Product unit. This role is a part of the Product management group with a mission to create innovative solutions and develop our product portfolio and highly skilled teams.
To be successful in this role, you should be confident in managing the teams while, at the same time, setting goals, budgets and timelines for various projects. We also expect you to be in charge of the integrations with external partners and oversee all software development architecture from idea to execution.
Ultimately, you’ll make sure we use innovative technologies that maximize our productivity and help our company grow and to motivate and develop a highly-skilled development team of 20 people located in Sweden, Finland, Netherlands and Norway. You report directly to the Chief Product Officer.
- Inspire the teams through technical leadership, ensuring our employees are delivering excellent technical solutions
- Manage project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop the team
- Partner with product managers to ensure sprints are planned appropriately and delivered on time
- Ensure compliance with security regulations
- Provide both technical and non-technical guidance and mentorship to team members
- Drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Implement effective engineering processes and procedures, standards, best practices and policies for the team
- Create and present team reports and analysis to management in a meaningful way
- Contribute to engineering and development tasks as needed
- Foster a culture based on creativity, collaboration, speed, innovation, quality, and inclusion
- Align the company’s technology resources with the organization’s short- and long-term goals for architecture, technologies and product portfolio
- Identify what technologies can be used to improve the company’s products and services
- Work experience as a director of engineering or in a similar senior-level position at an engineering department building and leading teams
- Extensive experience with cloud technologies and modern human-computer interfaces
- Hands-on experience and deep understanding of backend and frontend development
- Good understanding of agile methodologies
- Leadership abilities with a strategic mind
- Excellent project management skills
- BSc/MSc in Engineering, Computer Science or relevant field
- Direct experience managing remote teams
- Strong communication skills and not afraid to ask questions
- Understand the challenges of building new software architectures
- Manage all aspects of the software lifecycle from requirements definition through software release including documentation, test planning and execution, software maintenance, architecture development and design, debugging, implementation, and integration
- Identify, attract, hire and develop the team.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Entrepreneurial, strategic thinker attitude with the ability to move and act at the operational and tactical levels when required.
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests and recommend alternative technical and business approaches.
To be able to lead a team of highly skilled senior developers it is required to have a deep understanding and preferably practical experience form software development of the technology used:
- Relevant experience with fluent software development in C#, .Net, .Net Core
- Knowledge of ASP.NET / ASP.NET Core, MVC / Web API
- Knowledge of SQL, Entity framework
- Azure & Azure DevOps, TFS, Git
- SCRUM, or similar
What really differentiates you:
- A proven track record of great leadership abilities
- A great passion for new technology, trends and development
- Even if your main task isn´t to hands-on develop you like to keep your knowledge up to date and do not hesitate to help out when needed.
- A problem-solving mindset with a communicative and assertive personality
- You are curious and proactive with a passion for processes and documentation
- Have a genuine interest in the people in your team and like to travel and be present in the local markets.
- A great team and a good social environment
- A flexible workplace
- Your product is visible to many
- A short way from idea to decision
- Have a major impact on changing and scaling our industry
- Work with the latest tech applied in the cloud
- Great benefits etc.
The possible location of the position is Vantaa, Finland or Malmö, Sweden
How to apply?
Please send us your application in English as soon as possible and no later than November 20, 2020. Read more and apply on https://zetadisplay.com/career/director-of-software-engineering/
Are you interested in learning more about this exciting position? Please contact:
Johanna Webb, Chief Product Officer, Johanna.email@example.com
ZetaDisplay contributes to nudging peoples’ behaviour at the point-of-decision in retail environments, public spaces and workplaces. We are a European leader in Digital Signage and are geared to drive further consolidation of the market. We believe in the power of strong individuals contributing to international teams with entrepreneurship, passion, and business focus. Today we are 160 colleagues at nine offices in six countries. We show annual net sales of approx. 450 MSEK and are listed on the Stockholm Stock exchange as ZETA. Join us on our journey, it will be a wild and rewarding one!
We have already decided on what advertising channels and marketing campaigns we wish to use, and respectfully decline any additional contacts.